Why We Invest | How We Invest
- Superior long-term risk-adjusted returns are priority number one.
Exceptional Management & Culture
- Our experience has shown that companies with high-involvement management practices and outstanding corporate cultures subsequently attain better shareholder returns relative to their peers and the overall market.
- EVC provides our investment team a platform to support and advocate for public companies that embody our core values. These companies tend to embrace:
— Proper Incentive Structures
— Empowered & Engaged Employees
— Customer Focus
— Fiduciary Duty
Rigorous Bottom-Up Research
- Invest opportunistically in all market sizes, sectors, or asset classes.
- Seek out securities or areas of the market that can be bought at meaningful discounts:
— Advantaged Businesses
— Exceptional Management & Culture
— Strong Balance Sheets
— Durable Competitive Advantages
- Target individual opportunities with significant total return potential.
- Build a focused, high conviction portfolio of 20-40 securities.
We believe such a portfolio strikes an optimal balance between the benefits of diversification while retaining the power of stock selection.